Insomnia or improper sleep is a very common problem and if you are experiencing sleep related problems, then you may face problem in getting sleep, or remain awake for long time at night. Nitrazepam is a hypnotic drug that belongs to the class of benzodiazepine. It is considered as the best medication for treating insomnia and it also provides relief from anxiety related disorder.
Nitrazepam functions by acting on a GABA receptor present in the brain, which leads to the liberation of neurotransmitter in brain known as GABA. The release of GABA receptors provides consoling and soothing effect, thus helping a person to sleep properly.
Conditions in which Nitrazepam should not be consumed are:
- You should not consume this medication if you are hypersensitive towards this medication.
- Pregnant and breast feeding mothers should not consume this drug.
- Avoid intake of this drug in case of myasthenia gravis.
- Consumption of this medicine should be avoided if you are experiencing any respiratory disorder.
- If you are undergoing through the problem of narrow angle glaucoma, then you should not consume this drug.